REV Salina Limited Warranty
Welcome to your new REV Salina Bus manufactured by ElDorado National (Kansas) d/b/a REV Salina, a wholly owned subsidiary of REV Group, Inc. (“REV Salina”). Thank you for your decision to purchase this world class product. This document explains the warranty for all REV Salina new vehicles, parts, and components manufactured by REV Salina (hereinafter referred to as “vehicle(s)” or “Product(s)”) and provides information about what is covered and any limitations. For more information regarding your coverage, please call REV Salina Product Support at:
Warranty Terms and Conditions
REV Salina Limited Warranty
REV Salina expressly warrants that new vehicles will be free of material manufacturing defects in factory-supplied materials and factory-workmanship during the conversion manufacturing process. This warranty coverage is for properly operated and maintained vehicles within the applicable time and mileage limits set forth herein. During the applicable warranty period, REV Salina agrees to provide coverage for parts and labor to perform repairs necessary, subject to all other terms and conditions contained in this document.
If, within the applicable warranty period, a defect in material or workmanship is discovered, the Purchaser shall promptly notify REV Salina Product Support, or an authorized REV Salina Warranty Provider for inspection and warranty claim authorization before proceeding with repairs, as required by the Warranty Claim Procedure set forth below.
In no event shall REV Salina be obligated to accept any warranty claim notification unless it is received by REV Salina Product Support not later than one (1) month after the applicable warranty period or one month after the applicable mileage, whichever comes first.
Within a reasonable time after receipt of such notification, REV Salina will work to correct any covered defect in material or workmanship with either new or used replacement parts, at REV Salina’ option. Such repair, including both parts and labor, is at REV Salina’s expense.
All warranty work is subject to prior examination and approval by REV
Salina or its agent. All warranty work will be performed by an authorized REV Salina service provider or its agents at service centers designated by REV Salina or its designated vendor.
All costs related to transportation to and from the designated service center will be at the purchaser’s sole expense and is not included as a cost of repair covered by this warranty. These remedies are the Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedies for breach of warranty.Customer Acceptance and Warranty Registration
Customer Acceptance and Warranty Registration
Warranty Registration is required to activate the warranty coverage on new REV Salina Products. Upon receipt of a REV Salina Product, and within two weeks of delivery, Purchaser or Dealer is required to submit the Customer Acceptance Card and strong> Warranty Registration to:
REV Salina Product Support
Attention: Product Services
It is the obligation of the Purchaser to sign the Customer Acceptance Card and return it to REV Salina Product Support within the two weeks following retail purchase and delivery. The Customer Acceptance Card and Warranty Registration must be on file for any warranty claim to be considered.
Disclaimer of Warranty
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE COMPLETE WARRANTY FOR THE PRODUCT AND IS EXPRESLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation of Remedies
IN NO EVENT SHALL REV SALINA BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BASED UPON BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF SAVINGS OR REVENUE, LOSS OF USE OF THE BUS BODY OR ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF ANY SUBSTITUTE BUS BODY, EQUIPMENT, FACILITIES OR SERVICES, DOWNTIME, LODGING, TRAVEL, TOWING, GASOLINE, RENTAL VEHICLE, NORMAL MAINTENANCE ITEMS, THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING CUSTOMERS, OR INJURY TO PROPERTY.
If this provision is held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability will not affect any other provision of this warranty, but this warranty will be construed as if such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision or provisions had never been contained herein.
No Other Warranties
These remedies are the Purchaser’s exclusive remedies and REV Salina’s entire liability for breach of warranty and is conditioned upon purchaser’s compliance with its obligations in this document including without the purchaser’s compliance with the Warranty Claim Procedure included in this document. Unless modified in writing and signed by both parties’ authorized representatives, this warranty is understood to be the complete and exclusive warranty between the parties, superseding all the prior agreements, oral or written, and all other communications between the parties (including without limitation any terms and conditions contained in any purchase order or sales invoice
issued pursuant to the sale of this bus body) relating to the subject matter hereof. No employee of REV Salina or any other party is authorized to make any other warranty, obligation or liability in addition to or in lieu of those made in this document. All dealer warranty claims must be coordinated through Warranty Administrator, REV Salina, 1655 Wall Street, Salina, KS 67401. E-mail: email@example.com.
Time Limit for Bringing Suit
Any action for breach of warranty must be commenced within ninety (90) days after the expiration of the relevant warranty period.
What is Covered
- The basic coverage period is for three (3) years from the original date of the vehicle’s retail
- Subfloor Structure
- Modifications to OEM Chassis frame
- All warranty claims submitted under the body structure limited warranty coverage require price written authorization from REV Salina Product Support.
- The paint warranty coverage period
is for five (5) years from the original date of the vehicle’s retail purchase,
or for one hundred thousand (100,000) odometer miles, whichever comes first.
After the first three (3) years, or thirty-six thousand (36,000) odometer
miles, coverage of eligible paint warranty claims will be prorated according to
the table below:
|Time Period (both conditions must be true)||
|≤36 months and ≤36,000 miles||100% materials and 100% labor are covered|
|≤48 months and ≤70,000 miles||
50% materials and
50% labor are covered
and ≤100,000 miles
25% materials and
25% labor are covered
- This paint coverage applies only to the original end-user purchaser of the vehicle and is prorated after thirty-six (36) months.
- Warranty coverage will automatically start after one (1) year of delivery of vehicle’s delivery date to the dealer if warranty registration has not been activated.
- Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) must be completed within thirty 30 days of vehicle delivery date to be considered for warranty.
- All warranty claims submitted under the Paint Coverage limited warranty coverage require prior written authorization from REV Salina Product Support.
- This paint warranty covers any repairs needed to correct substantial defects in material or workmanship.
- This paint coverage applies to material defects in the following properties of the exterior paint on the finished vehicle: (1) loss of adhesion of the paint system resulting in rust, (2) cracking of the paint system, and (3) loss of adhesion of any material element of the paint system.
Summary of Warranty Coverage
For eligible warranty
claims made during the applicable warranty period, REV Salina agrees to provide
coverage for parts and labor to perform necessary repairs, subject to the terms
and conditions in this document, including the limitations and exclusions under
the heading “WHAT IS NOT COVERED.”
What is Not Covered
Limited Warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion resulting from or
- Third-Party Products, components or parts, including but not limited to the chassis or any chassis part;
- Any finishes of Third-Party Products, components or parts, including but not limited to the chassis;
- Exterior finish on trim or any fiberglass components, including but not limited to hardware moldings, windows, mirrors, lights and other appointments and accessories;
- Damage caused by use of the bus body for purposes other than those for which it was designed;
- Damage caused by accident or the negligence of the Purchaser or any third party;
- Damage caused by disasters such as fire, flood, wind, lightning, acid rain, and industrial fallout;
- Damage caused by the Purchaser’s failure to provide normal preventive maintenance as customarily accepted in the industry or as set forth in maintenance guidelines.
- Filters, belts or other parts which are a part of normal maintenance replacement;
- Damage caused by unauthorized or improper installation of attachments, repairs, modifications or alterations;
- Damage caused by replacement of original parts or components with unauthorized substitutes;
- Damage during shipment;
- Abuse or misuse by the Purchaser or Operator;
- Damage caused by abrasion or external foreign objects;
- Decals, stickers, name plates, pin stripes, or damage caused by application or removal of the same;
- Damage caused by adhesive decals, vinyl wraps, or other non-factory graphics installations;
- Damage resulting from dissimilar metal contact corrosion, or crevice corrosion; and
- Damage caused by exposure to contaminants, corrosives, salt, chemicals, irradiation or environmental or atmospheric conditions.
- Damage caused by or related to products, equipment, components or parts, or caused by the installation of products, equipment, components or parts, which are installed by a dealer, end-customer or other party after the vehicle leaves the custody of REV Salina.
- Damage caused by or related to changes in vehicle weight or weight distribution due to actions by a dealer, end-customer or other party after the vehicle leaves the custody of REV Salina.
The vehicle contains certain products, parts, and other components manufactured by a party other than REV Salina (“Third-Party Products). These Third-Party Products may include chassis, chassis parts, A/C units, wheelchair lifts, audio/visual equipment, batteries, alternators/regulators, tires or seating systems where the supplier provides service and support directly to the end-user. Third-Party Products are not covered by this warranty. REV Salina makes no representations or warranties with respect to any Third-Party Products. The Chassis warranty is provided by the chassis manufacturer (e.g. Ford, General Motors, Freightliner, or International). Other third-party product warranty(ies) are provided on specific systems or components installed on the REV Salina Product that remain warranted by the component supplier.
Chassis Limited Warranty
The Product’s chassis is covered exclusively by the warranty provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) (e.g. Ford, General Motors, Freightliner,International, etc.) and is not warranted by REV Salina. Please consult the warranty documents available from the chassis OEM. If you have questions on warranty coverage between the REV Salina Limited Warranty and the Chassis Warranty, please contact REV Salina Product Support at (800) 955-9086.
Other Third-Party Warranties
In many cases, components such as air conditioning units, wheelchair lifts, tires, audio/visual equipment, batteries, alternators/regulators, and other non- REV Salina components are installed during manufacturing and carry their own unique warranty coverage. While REV Salina Product Support will assist wherever possible, these individual components shall be warranted by the respective supplier per the terms and conditions of each respective warranty and shall not be the responsibility of REV Salina. Under these circumstances, a supplier’s warranty statement will be provided with each new REV Salina Product and will be available upon request. For the avoidance of doubt, all claims relating to Tires are solely the responsibility of the tire manufacturer. REV Salina assumes no responsibility for products, equipment, components or parts installed by an end-customer or dealer after the vehicle leaves the custody of REV Salina.
Warranty Claim Procedure
Notification of Claim
If within any of the applicable REV Salina warranty periods, a defect in material or workmanship is discovered, the Purchaser shall contact REV Salina Product Support, or an authorized REV Salina Warranty Provider for inspection and warranty claim authorization before proceeding with repairs. In no event shall such notification be received later than one (1) month after the applicable warranty period or one month after the
applicable mileage, whichever comes first.
When making a claim under the terms
of this limited warranty, the Purchaser must notify REV Salina Product Support,
or an authorized REV Salina Warranty Provider through their original dealer, of
a potential Warranty Claim prior to the initiation of any warranty work for
authorization. Any notice of a warranty claim, and all other warranty
correspondence must be sent electronically or via mail to:
REV Salina Bus Corporation,
Attention: Warranty Administrator
1655 Wells St.
Salina KS 67401
Download Warranty Claim Form
REV Salina may designate new or additional addresses and will notify the Purchaser in the event of such change.
Within a reasonable time of receipt of the notification, REV Salina, or its authorized warranty service provider, will provide the purchaser with further instructions on how to proceed with the warranty claim. The Purchaser must notify REV Salina Product Support, through their original dealer, of a potential Warranty Claim prior to the initiation of any warranty work for authorization. The warranty claim authorization number (FSA) is good for 60 days from the date assigned for the approved repair work to be completed. Warranty claims must be submitted to REV Salina within 60 days from FSA issuance to be considered for warranty review or payment.
Maintenance, Data Access, and Records
It is purchaser’s responsibility to properly maintain and operate your new vehicle. If there is a dispute between purchaser and REV Salina concerning the maintenance of the vehicle, REV Salina will require purchaser to provide proof that the vehicle was properly maintained. Evidence of the performance of the required maintenance should be kept and presented as proof of such maintenance in connection with related warranty repairs.
For more information regarding your coverage, please call REV Salina Product Support at: (800) 955-9086 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.